74. Describe how the following adaptations have increased the evolutionary success of the organisms that possess them. Include in your discussion the structure and function related to each adaptation.
75. Describe the anatomical and functional similarities and difference within each of the following pairs of structures.
76. Discuss how each of the following has contributed to the evolutionary success of the organisms in which they are found.
77. Angiosperms (flowering plants) and vertebrates obtain nutrients from their environment in different ways.
78. The problem of survival of animals on land are very different from those of survival of animals in an aquatic environment. Describe four problems associated with animal survival in terrestrial environments but not in aquatic environments. For each problem, explain an evolutionary solution.
79. The survival of organisms depends on regulatory mechanisms at various levels. Choose THREE from the following examples. Explain how each is regulated.
80. Photosynthesis and cellular respiration recycle oxygen in ecosystems. Respond to TWO (and only two) of the following:
81. Biological recognition is important in many processes at the molecular, cellular, tissue, and organismal levels. Select three of the following, and for each of the three that you have chose, explain how the process of recognition occurs and give an example of each.
82. Communication occurs among the cells in a multicellular organism. Choose THREE of the following examples of cell-to-cell communication, and for each example, describe the communication that occurs and the types of responses that result from this communication.